Thursday, June 17, 2010

On a Wing(er) and a prayer.

I read Debra Winger's book 'Undiscovered' today. Front to back, just let the words penetrate my mind, become what I tried so hard to say.
I didn't like Debra before and now she is so unrecognisable as the person I thought she was that I feel guilty, embarrassed by my ignorance of her. I almost let snap judgements rob me of a chance to understand all that she is. I will be forever grateful that I didn't.


'Disappointment is a misplaced hope. But bitterness will kill you.'


I could hardly breathe as I read the words. I felt each and every one stab my skin, tattooing themselves on my very being.
Bitterness will kill you. Its all I could do not to tear the page out and physically eat the paper.

Bitterness will kill you.
Words to live by. Perhaps something to consider today.

No comments:

Post a Comment