Tuesday, June 08, 2010

See me.

'Sex isn't all I see in you' I said.
'But you do give fucking fantastic head.'
You smiled an awkward kind of smile but I could tell that I'd hurt your feelings. I wanted to move on but my comment lingered in the air like perfume and your eyes said all that you hadn't. It was impossible to ignore the upset I'd caused.

'I just wanted to make you laugh' I said.
'You made me feel like a prick' you said.
'But I just wanted to make you laugh' I said again.
There was silence and I fought the urge to fill it with a joke.
You poured some more wine into your glass and did the zip up on your jacket.
I scratched my head and looked out the window. A man and a woman sat on a bench by the park. It was cold and they wore hats and scarves. The woman linked arms with the man and tucked her hand in his pocket.

For a moment I forgot about you.

'I just hope this is something' you said.

I blinked a few times because I didn't know what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment