Monday, July 13, 2009

Space travel makes my heart flutter

I've been thinking alot about Apollo 8 recently. How those guys orbited the moon and changed the way that we viewed our possibilities as people. How they made it exciting to ask 'What am I capable of?' rather than us asking it with trepidation and uncertainty.

The images of the earth rising over the moon enthralled a generation, made us feel, in equal measures, so big and so small, like there was something beyond us worth fighting to achieve.

I looked up at the moon yesterday and felt nothing but hope. Hope that I could make something happen. Hope that life will be as exciting as Apollo 8. Hope that I will discover new worlds.
We should look at the sky more often and be open to our capabilities as people.

No comments:

Post a Comment