Tuesday, March 20, 2012

If I was brave you would love me, attempt number three

I could make you happy.
And if I could say
any words
when you are standing in front of me
it would be those ones.
And I'm sure that you're happy
and I know that
no one
needs
someone
to fulfil that in themselves
and I'm even inclined to believe
that looking externally for happiness
is one of the most unhealthiest
things a person can do.
It is
destructive
and
dangerous
and
eventually
destroys your inside
without you even knowing
until there's nothing left.

But I would
make you happy.

Like really happy.

The kind of happy
that makes Disney films
so nauseatingly sweet.

The kind that makes Belle
skip through streets
with baskets filled with bread
and sunshine
singing to birds and other
usually unfriendly wildlife
like boar and overprotective
mother deers
about her new love Prince Eric.
And yes I know that
Prince Eric
loves Ariel
and that Ariel 
is a mermaid
and not the only daughter
of an inventor
in a small provincial French town
and that Belle inevitably falls in
love with her own Prince who,
at the time of their initial meeting,
is under a spell which,
unfortunately for him,
means that he lives each day as a Beast
because he was incapable of love,
but details aren't important
when the kind of happy
that you and me
would be
is at stake.
In fact,
for all intents and purposes,
and to vainly try and get my point back on track,
maybe you're the beast.
And thats not to say
that you're incapable of love
because I don't doubt for a second
that your heart is filled to the brim
with a kind of love
that could quite literally
sweep me off my feet.
But maybe,
unknowingly,
you have locked your heart
inside
a metaphoric steel cage
and that you're walking
through each day,
seemingly full of the joys of Spring,
all the while unaware
that your heart is drying up.
And, no I'm not trying
to frighten you into submission
or make you second guess
for even a minute
your state of mind
which I'm sure
is absolutely tip top.
I would just like you to consider
that maybe,
just maybe
it would be worth your while
to really think about
whether or not the happiness
that you're experiencing
is really akin
to the kind of happiness
that you could experience
if we were a we.
And I know
that it sounds big headed
and that arrogance
is unattractive
in a human being
but
I could make you happy
and
I would make you happy
if I could say
any words
when you are standing
in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment