Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I had wished it before but today it felt real like I had remembered for the first time

My presence had only been bought to her attention
by the clicking of my camera and
though it felt important to stay part of the furniture
I felt my face blush red as she looked to where I stood,
young and unaware of how my body moved.
I could do little to dissuade her gaze and so I smiled
and fixed my eyes on a painting hung on the wall behind her.
I'm sure it was a famous print but I couldn't say for sure.
If I wasn't entirely convinced that my voice had long since left my body
I would have attempted to start a conversation
but as it was I could do little more than stop my body from betraying me
as it shook at the reality of her,
being there,
being herself,
as the light outside began leaving the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment